Why New York State?
There have always been great reasons to do business in New York State - a highly educated workforce, access to a global infrastructure and a lifestyle both Upstate and Downstate that offers incredible cultural and recreational opportunities.
Now there's another reason that makes New York State unbeatable - START-UP NY. With START-UP NY, you pay no taxes for 10 years.
From New York City to Niagara Falls, from the historic Hudson Valley to the magnificent Adirondack Mountains, now only New York State offers businesses all of these benefits:
- The ability to operate 100% tax-free for 10 years. No income tax, business, corporate, state or local taxes, sales and property taxes, or franchise fees.
- Millions of square feet of available space, with access to the resources and intelligence of top-notch public and private colleges and universities. The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive university system in the United States, with more than 463,000 students in degree and certificate programs, and nearly 2 million in workforce and professional development programs. The City University of New York is the largest urban public university system, with 517,000 in degree and certificate programs. Our 100+ private colleges and universities are among the best in the nation, with 492,000 students and affiliations with 146 Nobel laureates.
- Access to low-cost energy.
- A diverse and talented workforce.
- Ten unique regions that provide a lifestyle that can’t be beat, no matter what you are looking for -- featuring four-season resorts, museums, wineries, golf courses, professional sports, horse racing, world-class theater and lots of other attractions that say, ”There’s something really special about being a New Yorker.”
The industries beloW are not ELIGIBLE to participate in START-UP NY:
- Retail and wholesale businesses
- Law and accounting firms
- Medical or dental practices
- Real estate management companies/brokers
- Retail banking
- Utilities and energy production
Data centers and back offices within any of the above industries could be accepted.
START-UP NY is one of many business incentive programs offered by New York State.
If you are opening or already running a small business
and are in need of assistance, please call 1.800.782.8369.
New York State is home to some of the most acclaimed colleges and universities in the country. To ensure the advancement of your business, START-UP NY connects companies with academic institutions that align with their research and business development needs.